Thursday 12 January 2012

Lovin' the MACRO

I remember as a kid I had a calendar in my room that had exotic cars on it and then there was another calendar that had waterfalls from around the world. I used to take pictures of these calendars and then pretend that I had been there. I also loved to fool people and tell them of the many places I had visited and the million dollar cars that I had recently seen. Many of them actually tricked people and I got a kick out of seeing their expressions. Don't worry, I always told them what they were really seeing but boy those times were fun. 

Over the years I've really enjoyed being awed by the up and close details around me. I've been able to go to places that I hadn't been able to before as I raced through life. I think that this attention to details has come as I slow down and I've come to discover a whole new world around me that was always there but had gone undetected in my eye. 

I'm not an outstanding photographer but here are some images that I've really enjoyed. None of them are edited because I don't know how to do that and I think most are fine the way they are. Most of them are just around my house and yard. Some are serene, others are weird and some might leave you wondering what they are, and only one of them is a picture of a picture! I trust that it will cause you also to see the outstanding details around you. The details that our Creator has put his qualities and joy into just for you. Slow down and enjoy!

The painful beauty of the soon to be spread seed of the dandelion. Also considered a flower in some places and it's leaves can be used in salads! Makes you think that maybe they aren't so bad after all... until summer hits again and they litter your yard!


Just some Christmas decorations.

Not quite so macro but the beauty non the less after a refreshing summer rain!  

This is the macro part!

Yes, this one is a picture of a picture. But could you imagine being a smurf in this little village? That's my house on the right! **Actually a game piece from the game Carcassonne, one of my favorite games.
Tough to get too close to these things! I had the rare chance of seeing a cactus flower if you can make that out on the top of this very tall cactus.                
Can you figure out what this one is? It's the colours that so easily blend into one another on the fabric of our dinning room chairs.
This one I'm going to leave you to guess what it is. This one is one of my favorites! Any ideas?


Enjoy the details to life! Enjoy seeing things from a different point of view. Enjoy finding beauty in all that you come across through what you see and through what life hands you in the days to come.

Slow down and enjoy!

What's your favorite picture?

4 comments:

  1. Russ you have a wonderful eye for detail :) Thanks for sharing your photos!!
    I'm going to guess that the last photo is the inside of a camera lens, for which you've likely held up a mirror to shoot... ? If so, very creative and I'd love to try! If not, very curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra, and believe it or not that is all done with a simple point and shoot camera!

      Just to let you know that you are not correct on your guess. Sorry keep trying!

      Delete
    2. I definitely thought that first line said you liked exotic CATS. Cars makes more sense. Ha.

      Delete