Wednesday 11 April 2012

Words You Think You'd Be Happy To Hear

"You don't have cancer." 

I heard those words from my doctor about a month ago. 

Of course I don't have cancer! 

I take decent care of my body.
There isn't much history in my family. 
And by the way, it should stand for something that I'm a pretty good person! 
Doesn't that count for something? 

What?
You thought I might have had cancer?
Or are you just reassuring me in case I thought of it? 
But I never did until you uttered those words.
Now I've thought about it. 

To those who have heard the other side of these words I can't imagine your story.
I'm sorry...

 It can happen to anyone. 
It has happened to many who don't "deserve" it.
It has happened to a few that I know that never deserved it, but it happened.
Karma is bunk!

And I didn't even hear the words that I have "it".
Just imagine the wreck I'd be if I were on the other end.

Life isn't fair.
And for that I am often grateful
Because if life was fair then I deserve a life of separation
from my God who can have nothing to do with transgression.
Thank God He is not fair but that He is just.
For then I can be justified so that I can have that which is not fair.

And so I can live with whatever this life gives me
With unending peace and joy
Even through heartache.

But Karma still seems nice at times.

1 comment:

  1. I like this. God and life isn't fair, but it is just. That can be hard to figure out too, but thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete