Monday 9 April 2012

All Things New

OK, so it's been a while since I've blogged but through the business and the lack of need to really regurgitate and process anything that I was thinking I didn't want to write something just to write. Whenever I open my mouth and whenever I process on here I want it to be of value driven by the Spirit of God himself working in and through my being that He says that has unlimited purpose and potential as I accept Him.

Thanks you Jesus! You have everything that I am right now! I pray that I can say that in the next moments of my life with better consistency. Thank you for not ignoring my sin but for taking it head on and overpowering its darkness with your light. Let me accept your light. My life is a thanksgiving offering to you. And only you!

I ran across a song that I've been looping on my computer and listen to as I write this. Here it is for you to look at. It's an old story put into a new song and the truth in it continues to blow me away that Christ Jesus was sent to make all things new!

2 Corinthians 5:17-20
17 If anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 

Here is a comment from the YouTube sight that resonates with myself and a lot of other. It reads:

I can almost hear Jesus just screaming: "I have made you NEW! You are PERFECT in My eyes! I have accepted YOU! You are WANTED! You are LOVED! You are MINE! You are PRECIOUS! You are BEAUTIFUL! There is NOTHING you could ever do to make me stop loving YOU!"

In a society that has recognized that meaning can't be found in riches, the economy, security, sex, escape, indulgence, relationships, stuff, fame and all the like Jesus offers us ACCEPTANCE with no strings attached. Jesus says, "All you who are heavy with burden come to me and I will give you rest." Ahhh, rest. Jesus says, "Don't worry about what you will eat, drink or wear. If I can take care of the birds I'll take care of you." Ahhh, not to worry. Jesus says, "I have not come to condemn you but to give you life so that you can have it to the full." Ahhh, life. I could go for each one of those. Rest. No Worries. Life. Out of this offer that I have accepted then I live my life out of thankfulness. I do nothing out of having to do it! I do it because I am so thankful of what God has done for me.

So THANK YOU! Out of my choice and my free will I give my life as a bond slave to you, Jesus Christ, and all that you stand for. Let it be know.

If you would like to know the background of the song above then clink it! May you find the new life that God is offering to you. If you don't know what it is then ask.

"Peace be with you. My peace I give to you."


2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed the song and the band. at my age it is refreshing to know that all things can be made new. i'm also grateful that i was able to respond to the "call" to "come home" again. after being out in the dark for awhile, the return is that much sweeter. thanks for your thoughts, russ, and peace to you too....... hugs from margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you have heard God's call in a new way in your life. Excited also that your husband can join you on this journey and that we are able to be there as well.

    ReplyDelete