Friday 3 February 2012

My Edmonton Oilers!!

Julia and I watched a movie last night which means I didn't catch the whole of the historic 8 point performance by Sam Gagne but I did catch most of the third period where I was welcomed to the game by the announcers glowing that Sam had just got his 6th point on the night! I was so excited! Sure maybe a bit nervous that they would still lose the game but glowing for Sam.

But then he scored his 4th goal of the night followed up by his 8th point with a beautiful assist on a goal by Eberle. Even more impressive is that only 12 other players have ever done this in the past including two former Oilers from the historic 80's.

What a night! Great response from the fans in Edmonton and classy by TSN to make him the number 1,2 and 3 star of the night. Finally something to cheer about as an Oilers fan!

Thanks for the show boys and on this night especially thanks to the historical night had by the Oilers own Sam Gagne!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=386789&hubname=nhl-oilers

2 comments:

  1. I was at the Saturday game versus Detroit with my dad, which was pretty freaking fun, coming after Thursday's Gagner surprise. (And with his two goals, one assist and his shoot out goal.) I sounded like I was sick all day yesterday, because I screamed so much on Saturday night. Hip, hip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That third period must have been tough to sit through until the last minute! The boys almost lost it. That's awesome that you made the game. I thought Gagne was going to be involved in every point since... oh well. We get to go to the game here in Winnipeg vs the Oilers on Feb 27th. My wife, my son and I. Super pumped!

      Delete